Original Works make the best Family Gifts,
especially during the Winter Holidays!
Original Works is a fundraiser we have participated in at Glebe for several years. Your children, along with help from our wonderful art staff, create pieces of artwork that can be transferred to personalized gifts and keepsakes. It is one of our largest fundraises for Glebe and can generate as much as $4,000 in sales. Our kids are very artistic and creative! And the products arrive just in time for holiday gift giving.
Your children will create artwork for the project by early November. The works will come home in Friday Folders, along with information about what can be imprinted and purchased, using the artwork. We will have a display case in the lobby in early November, to help with your decision making. These are frequently favorite holiday gift options for grandparents or extended family. Many families give notecards to grandparents. Platters, water bottles, and sketch pads are also quite popular.
Here are some important fact to keep in mind:
1. DEADLINE: Art work is created at school, then goes back home for you to see, on October 27. You will also receive ordering information in the Friday Folders. Orders are due back to school no later than November 8.
2. Return ARTWORK, ORDER FORM and a PAYMENT in the bag provided to school either to your child’s teacher or in the designated box in the office. (Checks must be payable to GLEBE ELEMENTARY PTA – NOT ORIGINAL WORKS)
3. Make sure there is a “T” written on the back of your child’s art work to identify which side is the top.
4. MULTIPLE CHILDREN: if you are ordering for more than one child at Glebe, we will need SEPARATE CHECKS AND ORDER FORMS. Additional order forms are located in the school office.
5. ADDITIONAL ARTWORK: You don’t have to use the art that came home; you can use any artwork created by your child as long as it is one 8.5 x 11 paper. It cannot have glitter or any raised objects and brighter colors stand out more. You are welcome to submit as many pieces of art as you would like. Make sure your child’s NAME, TEACHER, GRADE and GLEBE ELEMENTARY along with a “T” for top side are written on the back (each piece of art will need separate order forms and payments).
6. The FINAL PRINTED VERSIONS of Original Works products arrive back at the school by December 7, and are sent home with students by December 13 to give as gifts and enjoy.
Please contact Original Works coordinator Alyson Fliakas with any questions. Or sign-up to help out!
Sign-up sheet not found.
original works pricing 2017-18