Volume 2 | Back to School Night! Edition | September 11, 2018
Upcoming Events September 11th – September 24th
September 12th, 7:00 pm: Back to School Night
September 12th, 8:00 pm: Glebe Theater Information Session, Multi Purpose Room
September 12th: Glebe Theater Lottery Opens
September 16th, 8:00 pm: Enrichment Registration Begins
September 17th, 7:00 pm: PTA Meeting, Glebe Library
September 19th: Glebe Theater Lottery Closes
September 20th: Enrichment Registration Closes
Outcome of Community Meeting
On Friday, September 7th the Executive Board along with our Pro Bono Attorney, John Cafferky, updated community on status of our auction funds. Notes of this meeting will be posted to our website soon. Please contact any member of the board if you have additional questions about this meeting.
Reminder First Day Packet Information
If you haven’t already submitted the information from your first day packets, please do so as soon as possible. Your child(ren) can give these papers directly to their teachers.
Back to School Night
September 12th, 7:00 pm
Parents, Grandparents, and Guardians are welcome to attend the annual Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 12th. Each teacher will present two identical sessions, lasting approximately 25 minutes each; so parents have an opportunity to visit at least 2 classrooms. Specials teachers will also be available to meet with parents.
Glebe Theater Presentation
September 12th, 8:00 pm: Multi Purpose Room
Glebe Theater will hold its’ third production later this calendar year! Please join us for an information session, immediately following Back to School Night in the Multi Purpose Room. For information regarding the theater program, please click here: https://www.glebepta.org/extras/glebe-theater/
Students interested in participating in the production must enter a lottery. The lottery will be open from September 12th – September 19th. To register for the lottery, you can sign up here:
Fall Enrichment Program
September 16th – 20th
The Fall Enrichment Program will open for registration on Sunday, September 16th at 8:00 pm and closes on Thursday, September 20th at 8:00 pm. Classes often fill up quickly. A quick tip: Be ready to go promptly at 8pm when registration opens.
For dates of classes, please click here: https://www.glebepta.org/extras/after-school-enrichment/
For Course catalog and descriptions, please click here: https://www.glebepta.org/extras/after-school-enrichment/enrichment-catalog-fall-2018/
Questions, you can contact: [email protected]
Glebe PTA Meeting
September 17th, 7:00 pm: Glebe Library
On Monday, September 17th, the Glebe PTA will hold its first PTA meeting of the year. On the agenda, will be a discussion of the annual budget and allocation of existing funds moving forward; a call for volunteers to serve in open positions for the school year; and address outstanding concerns and issues of the community. If you have an agenda item you’d like to discuss at the meeting, please send to [email protected] by September 14th.
We will have child care for all potty trained children during the meeting, Spanish translation will be provided.
Odyssey of the Mind
September 25th, 7:00 pm: Glebe Library
The Odyssey of the Mind program will kick off with an information session on Tuesday, September 25th at 7:00 pm in the Glebe Library. For information regarding the program, including kick off session dates for specific grades can be found here:
- First Day Packets A huge thank you to Lauren Barber, Tara Blankinship, Francis McLaughlin, MaryBeth Sancho, Jacqueline Lotts and Missy Heinzer for pulling together the first day packets!
- Welcome Back Coffee: Thank you Tara Blankinship for taking the lead in coordinating a wonderful back coffee for our community. A special thank you to Yvonne Matsko, Ali Collins, Lauren Barber and Courtney Markle for donating and providing the food and drinks for this annual event.
- Fall Garden Clean Up: Thank you Michelle O’Connor for coordinating such a helpful event for our community. Thank you to Cornelia and Matt Lesh, Rich and Michelle O’Connor, Kristen and Matt Hand, Chai Puri, John and Julie Madison, Stephen Gyor, Liz Newman, Laura Heiss, Amy LaFalce and Pablo Foronda for making our school beautiful again.
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please consider bringing in food and toiletries to support our fellow families in need. Cart is in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? Our broken, used crayons are being collected and re-purposed. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Need to Reach Us?
email us at: [email protected]