Vol. 7 | Fall Movie Night Edition | Oct. 15, 2019
Oct. 16 – EARLY RELEASE
Oct. 17 – School Picture Day
Oct. 18 – Fall Potluck & Movie Night (Rain Date Nov. 1)
Oct. 22 – Pupatella Dining Night
Oct. 24 – EARLY RELEASE
Oct. 25 – NO SCHOOL – P/T Conferences
Oct. 31 – Halloween Parade
Girl Scout Troop Formation Meeting
Tuesday, October 15
For those interested in forming or joining a Girl Scout troop at Glebe, there will be a meeting in the library at 7:00pm. Email Jennifer Meder with questions.
Thursday, October 17
Class and Individual Pictures will be taken. Makeup pictures will be taken on Nov. 14th. Order forms went home in last week’s Friday folders! You can also order them online by using the code listed on the order form.
Volunteers are needed in short shifts to ensure the day runs smoothly. Please consider signing up to help! https://www.glebepta.org/volunteer/?sheet_id=75
Friday, October 18th, 5:30-8:30 pm
It’s that time of year again! Please join us for the Glebe Potluck Dinner and Outdoor Movie. This event will be held on the lawn behind the school. Pizza will be served along with dishes contributed by Glebe families.
We need volunteers to signup and assist with the event and/or bring food.
If you can contribute money for pizza donation, thank you!
Dinner will be served starting at 5:30 pm and the movie will start at sunset (~6:30 pm). The rain date will be November 1st. The playground and fields will close when the movie starts for the safety and enjoyment of the movie. If you have any questions, please contact event chair Allison Collins (email).
Dining Night at Pupatella
Tuesday, October 22nd, 3pm – close
Take a break from cooking dinner and head over to Pupatella (5104 Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA) and mention Glebe Elementary when you order. The PTA gets a percentage of the proceeds for Glebe events and activities! Tell your friends too!
Volunteers for 2019-2020 School Year Needed:
Want to get involved? There are many volunteer positions that we need to fill for the 2019-2020 school year! We have need for a Social Media Volunteer, 5th Grade Parent to coordinate the Yearbook and Graduation and many others for Glebe Activities (Bingo Night, STEM Fair etc). If you are interested, please to contact us at [email protected]
- to Ms. Kuchera, Mary Beth Sancho, Amy LaFalce, Jennifer Meder, Liz Newman, Neera Parikh, Carolina Delgadilllo, Rebecca Cole, Michele Zlakowski, Courtney Markle, Kathleen Freeman, Sandra Aresti, Ashlee Burt, Kristen Johnson, Lauren Barber who helped make this year’s Book Fair a success!
- Did you know you can buy Glebe Spiritwear online? Every sale contributes to Glebe Elementary School PTA projects and events throughout the year.
- Did you know that you can earn money for Glebe at NO EXTRA COST to you?!? Visit our website for more information on our Free Money Fundraisers, such as linking your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary. A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe at NO COST to you!
- We collect Box Tops! You can turn these in to the box in the Front Lobby or scan them with your phone!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of posts for upcoming events, photos from school assemblies, and other important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email [email protected] – Isabel Simmerman
For finance questions, email [email protected] –
For events/activities, email [email protected] – Amy LaFalce
For newsletter/school communications, email [email protected] – Rachel Barish
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!