Vol. 12 | THANKSGIVING Edition | Nov. 20, 2018
Upcoming Events November 20th – December 3rd
November 21: NO SCHOOL
November 22: NO SCHOOL – Happy Thanksgiving!
November 23: NO SCHOOL
November 29, 7-8 pm – Book Swap – Glebe
November 30 – Picture Day (Retakes/Makeups) – Glebe
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, the Thank You’s are first this week!
We Are Grateful…
to all the Glebe families who filled 60 (!!!) baskets this year and hats off to the kids who helped wheel them all in last Friday morning!
- to Tara Blankinship, Julie Madison, Frances McLaughlin, Lauren Barber, Robin and Alex Boyajy, and Beronica Salas for all their hard work for the Thanksgiving Food Basket Brigade this year and to the Cherrydale Safeway Manager, Ed, who drove to Reston to secure 60 turkeys for us to include in the baskets! These folks worked hard for days to get these baskets collected, stored, and distributed.
Thursday, November 29, 7-8 pm
- Grab the kids and pick up a few “new to you” books for your family in the multi-purpose room between 7-8pm – all FREE!
- This year we are partnering with Aspire Afterschool Learning (www.aspireafterschool.org) to donate our extra books to local afterschool programs and schools in need. Thanks, Ms. Moore, for connecting us to such an incredible organization!
Questions? Contact Justine Donahue ([email protected])
Friday, November 30 – ALL DAY
Retakes and makeup pictures will be done. Stay tuned for more info!
Teacher and Support Employee of the Year – letters due Dec 12th
This year, the staff of Glebe nominated Heather Morgan, 3rd grade special education teacher and Colleen Calhoun, Educational Administrative Assistant in the Glebe front office.
We are asking for anyone who would like to write a letter of support to please submit all letters to Jamie Borg at Glebe. All letters are due December 12th.
Letters of support for Heather need to be addressed to the State Superintendent of Instruction and this address BUT need to be turned in to Jamie.
Dr. James F. Lane
Letters of support for Colleen need to be addressed to the Arlington Superintendent BUT turned in to Jamie.
Dr. Patrick K. Murphy
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email [email protected] – Kristen Johnson
For newsletter/school communications, email [email protected] – Chai Puri
For events/activities, email [email protected] – Lauren Barber
For finance questions, email [email protected] –
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!