Vol. 25 | Super Tuesday! Edition | Mar. 3, 2020
Mar. 3 – NO SCHOOL – Super Tuesday
Mar. 3 – PTA Meeting
Mar. 5 – Early Release
Mar. 6 – NO SCHOOL – Conferences
Mar. 11 – Early Release AND STEM Night
Mar. 15-19 – SPRING Enrichment Registration OPEN
March 25 – Dining Day/Night at Pie-tanza
March 31 – Rhyme & Cheese Night
Tuesday, March 2, 7pm
Marguerite Gooden, beloved Glebe Grandmother , who will come to talk about the history of Halls Hill Community. Chuchi Arevalo, CFA, CFE | Founder and CEO will be giving a presentation on SPARK business academy | “Empowering the next generation through financial literacy”. We will also give a Budget Update. We will have child care for all potty trained children during the meeting and Spanish translation will be provided. If you have an agenda item you’d like to discuss at an upcoming meeting, please send it to [email protected].
Glebe Social & Auction
Saturday, April 25
Monetary donations needed now! Help us roar into 2020 with a cash donation to the Glebe PTA Social & Auction. Cash donations help defray the cost of the Social & Auction, are used to purchase big ticket items or round out package, and are greatly appreciated. No cash donation is too big or too small. Proceeds raised from the Social & Auction fund 80% of the PTA’s initiatives including teacher grants, Multicultural Night and STEM Night, enrichment scholarships, and so many other wonderful things.
Wednesday, March 11, 6:30-8:00pm
Glebe STEM Night is almost here! Please join us on March 11 from 6:30-8:00 pm for an amazing night of invention and discovery by our young scientists and engineers!!! Please make sure all students include their names on their projects, and bring their completed project displays to school by March 10th. We still need a few more hands to help make the night go smoothly so please sign up here if you’re available. Display boards will be on sale again this Wednesday, March 4 at 8:30 am for $3, and we can accept PayPal, Venmo, or cash. If you have questions, please contact our STEM Night coordinator, Rachael Scholz.
Spring 2020 Enrichment Classes
Registration OPEN March 15th – March 19th
Glebe’s Enrichment Committee is pleased to share your Spring 2020 After-School program. The schedule is below and catalog can be found on our enrichment web site: https://www.glebepta.
Registration for Spring 2020 Enrichment classes begins 8pm Sunday, March 15th and runs until midnight, March 19th. On that Sunday night, the registration link will appear on the web site and on our Facebook page. Classes start Monday, March 30th, before Spring Break.
We are also looking for a few good volunteers! If you are interested in joining our enrichment team and helping our robust program, please contact [email protected].
We hope you enjoy the classes we have organized for you!
The Glebe Enrichment Committee
The detailed class catalog and registration will be available on the Glebe PTA website. Registration begins
online Sunday, MARCH 15 at 8PM and runs through midnight on Thursday, MARCH 19. Classes start
Monday, March 30th (before spring break). When registering, please keep in mind that it is a commitment to
pay for the class. Refunds after a class has started are determined strictly by the vendor. For questions about
registration, contact our Glebe Enrichment Committee at glebeenric[email protected].
Mon: 3/30, 4/20, 4/27, 5/4, 5/11, 5/18, 6/1, 6/8, No classes on 4/6, 4/13, 5/27
Tue: 3/31, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, 5/26, No classes on 4/7
Wed: 4/1, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27, No classes on 4/8
Thu: 4/2, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21, 5/28, No classes on 4/9
Fri: 4/3, 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 5/29, No classes on 4/10
El catálogo con más detalles estará disponible en el sitio web del PTA (www.glebepta.org). La inscripción comienza en línea el domingo 15 de marzo a las 8 p.m. y se extiende hasta la medianoche del jueves 19 de marzo. Las clases comienzan el Lunes 30 de marzo. Cuando inscriba a su niño(a) tenga en cuenta que esto le compromete a pagar por la clase. El reembolso del dinero una vez que la clase ha comenzado depende del vendedor. Si tiene cualquier pregunta, idea o sugerencia para clases futuras, por favor contacte a: [email protected]
Lunes: 3/30, 4/20, 4/27, 5/4, 5/11, 5/18, 6/1, 6/8, no hay clases en 4/6, 4/13, 5/27
Martes: 3/31, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, 5/26, no hay clases en 4/7
Miércoles: 4/1, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27, no hay clases en 4/8
Jueves: 4/2, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21, 5/28, no hay clases en 4/9
Viernes: 4/3, 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 5/29, no hay clases en 4/10
Dining Night at Pie-tanza
Wednesday, March 25, 11:30 am – 9 pm
Headfirst Camp Discount
If you tried and missed the week at Headfirst during the online camp sale, don’t despair! Headfirst Summer Camps is offering Glebe students and families a discount of 10% off their award-winning summer camp programs! Headfirst camps provide a variety of activities in a supportive and nurturing environment for campers ages 3-13. Their Junior Day Camp and Day Camp use a unique weekly theme through which campers learn independence and school readiness while participating in activities such as arts & crafts, music & movement, STEM and camp games. Headfirst also offers Multi-Sport Camp and STEM Camp for campers in rising K to 6th grade. With six convenient locations across the DMV including a bus directly from Arlington to their St. Patrick’s location in NW DC, Headfirst campers will have the opportunity to try new things, grow and expand their horizons. Please visit headfirstcamps.com or call (202) 625-1921 to register. Use the discount code GES10 to save up to 10% off before May!
Volunteers for 2019-2020 School Year Needed:
Want to get involved? We have an urgent need for a Spiritwear coordinator, as well as someone to chair the Spring Showdown, Teacher Appreciation Week, and Field Day. There are many volunteer positions that we need to fill for the 2019-2020 school year! If you are interested, please contact us at [email protected]
- The first auction crafting day was a success! Many thanks to the following volunteers for joining Alison Broadbent, Jessica Bauserman & Cornelia Lesh in creating decorations for the auction including Stephen Gyor, Amber Haynes (graphic design), Nicole Kunko, Elizabeth & Doug Jones, Mary Beth Sancho, Kristen Hand, Isabel Simmerman, Julie Hrubovcak , Frances McLaughlin, Lindsey Binstock, Stacy Wanamaker, Lisa Bellil, Shelley Maniscalo, Michelle Kondraki , Carly Welsh, Courtney Johnson, Rebecca ColeStay tuned for the next crafting day, coming in April
- Did you know you can buy Glebe Spiritwear online? Every sale contributes to Glebe Elementary School PTA projects and events throughout the year.
- Did you know that you can earn money for Glebe at NO EXTRA COST to you?!? Visit our website for more information on our Free Money Fundraisers, such as linking your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary. A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe at NO COST to you!
- We collect Box Tops! You can turn these in to the box in the Front Lobby or scan them with your phone!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
- Want to include an item in the Gleagle News? Just send an email with your updates, events, news and information! The deadline for the coming week’s edition is every Sunday at 7pm.
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of posts for upcoming events, photos from school assemblies, and other important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email [email protected] – Isabel Simmerman
For finance questions, email [email protected] –
For events/activities, email [email protected] – Amy LaFalce
For newsletter/school communications, email [email protected] – Rachel Barish
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!