Vol. 26 | Get Your STEM On! Edition | Mar. 10, 2020
Mar. 11 – Early Release AND STEM Night
Mar. 15-19 – SPRING Enrichment Registration OPEN
March 25 – Dining Day/Night at Pie-tanza
March 31 – Rhyme & Cheese Night
Wednesday, March 11, 6:30-8:00pm
Glebe STEM Night is almost here! Please join us on March 11 from 6:30-8:00 pm for an amazing night of invention and discovery by our young scientists and engineers!!! Please make sure all students include their names on their projects, and bring their completed project displays to school by March 10th. We still need a few more hands to help make the night go smoothly so please sign up here if you’re available. Display boards will be on sale again this Wednesday, March 4 at 8:30 am for $3, and we can accept PayPal, Venmo, or cash. If you have questions, please contact our STEM Night coordinator, Rachael Scholz.
Glebe Social & Auction
Donations due March 15
Help Glebe Roar into 2020. The Glebe Social & Auction is only a success because of our Glebe community! Donations are due Sunday, March 15! Please consider contributing to the Glebe Social & Auction:
SPONSOR the Festivities with a Family Monetary Donation HERE
DONATE a speciﬁc Item, Experience or Service such as vacation home time, tickets to sporting events and concerts, gift certiﬁcates for special experiences, or professional services HERE
HOST a party. Our most popular auction items are the Glebe parties. Dinner party, game night, pool party, play date…if it’s a party, Glebe goes! Email [email protected] to host a party.
REGISTER to attend the Social & Auction HERE.
Thank you for your support!
Spring 2020 Enrichment Classes
Registration OPEN March 15th – March 19th
Glebe’s Enrichment Committee is pleased to share your Spring 2020 After-School program. The schedule is below and catalog can be found on our enrichment web site: https://www.glebepta.
Registration for Spring 2020 Enrichment classes begins 8pm Sunday, March 15th and runs until midnight, March 19th. On that Sunday night, the registration link will appear on the web site and on our Facebook page. Classes start Monday, March 30th, before Spring Break.
We are also looking for a few good volunteers! If you are interested in joining our enrichment team and helping our robust program, please contact [email protected].
We hope you enjoy the classes we have organized for you!
The Glebe Enrichment Committee
The detailed class catalog and registration will be available on the Glebe PTA website. Registration begins
online Sunday, MARCH 15 at 8PM and runs through midnight on Thursday, MARCH 19. Classes start
Monday, March 30th (before spring break). When registering, please keep in mind that it is a commitment to
pay for the class. Refunds after a class has started are determined strictly by the vendor. For questions about
registration, contact our Glebe Enrichment Committee at [email protected].
Mon: 3/30, 4/20, 4/27, 5/4, 5/11, 5/18, 6/1, 6/8, No classes on 4/6, 4/13, 5/27
Tue: 3/31, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, 5/26, No classes on 4/7
Wed: 4/1, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27, No classes on 4/8
Thu: 4/2, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21, 5/28, No classes on 4/9
Fri: 4/3, 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 5/29, No classes on 4/10
El catálogo con más detalles estará disponible en el sitio web del PTA (www.glebepta.org). La inscripción comienza en línea el domingo 15 de marzo a las 8 p.m. y se extiende hasta la medianoche del jueves 19 de marzo. Las clases comienzan el Lunes 30 de marzo. Cuando inscriba a su niño(a) tenga en cuenta que esto le compromete a pagar por la clase. El reembolso del dinero una vez que la clase ha comenzado depende del vendedor. Si tiene cualquier pregunta, idea o sugerencia para clases futuras, por favor contacte a: [email protected]
Lunes: 3/30, 4/20, 4/27, 5/4, 5/11, 5/18, 6/1, 6/8, no hay clases en 4/6, 4/13, 5/27
Martes: 3/31, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5, 5/12, 5/19, 5/26, no hay clases en 4/7
Miércoles: 4/1, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27, no hay clases en 4/8
Jueves: 4/2, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21, 5/28, no hay clases en 4/9
Viernes: 4/3, 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 5/29, no hay clases en 4/10
Dining Night at Pie-tanza
Wednesday, March 25, 11:30 am – 9 pm
Volunteers for 2019-2020 School Year Needed:
Want to get involved? We have an urgent need for someone to chair Teacher Appreciation Week. There are many volunteer positions that we need to fill for the 2019-2020 school year! If you are interested, please contact us at [email protected]
- to Marguerite Gooden, beloved Glebe Grandmother, for coming to the PTA meeting to talk about the history of Halls Hill Community
- to Chuchi Arevalo, from SPARK Business Academy, for coming to present to the PTA on raising financially literate kids
- to Alek Sellers, Anna Rivett, and Christin Bushardt who have been hard at work on the Yearbook!
- Did you know you can buy Glebe Spiritwear online? Every sale contributes to Glebe Elementary School PTA projects and events throughout the year.
- Did you know that you can earn money for Glebe at NO EXTRA COST to you?!? Visit our website for more information on our Free Money Fundraisers, such as linking your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary. A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe at NO COST to you!
- We collect Box Tops! You can turn these in to the box in the Front Lobby or scan them with your phone!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
- Want to include an item in the Gleagle News? Just send an email with your updates, events, news and information! The deadline for the coming week’s edition is every Sunday at 7pm.
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of posts for upcoming events, photos from school assemblies, and other important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email [email protected] – Isabel Simmerman
For finance questions, email [email protected] –
For events/activities, email [email protected] – Amy LaFalce
For newsletter/school communications, email [email protected] – Rachel Barish
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!