Vol. 38 | 14 DAYS of SCHOOL and COUNTING Edition | June 4, 2019
June 5 – EARLY RELEASE
June 12 – EARLY RELEASE
June 5 – PTA Meeting – Glebe Library
June 7 (rain date June 14) – Field Day – Glebe
June 19 – 5th Grade Promotion
June 18 – 5th Grade Picnic
June 21 – 2019-20 School Kidz orders DUE
June 21 – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL (Early Release)
**Our dedicated crossing guard, Mr. Washington, is retiring on the last day of school. Please wish him well when you see him over the next few weeks!
**If you have any receipts/expenses for reimbursement to submit to the PTA, please do so NO LATER THAN JUNE 7th for payment.
Please contact our Treasurer, Diana Paulraj, with any questions: [email protected]
**As a token of appreciation for everyone who made it out to Glebe Day at Nats Park (May 18th), the Nationals wanted to send a personal coupon code that can be used to get discounts on Nats tickets. To take advantage of these savings please do the following:
1. Go to www.nationals.com/VIP
2. Select the game of your choice
3. Insert the code CMURPHY into the Coupon Code box
4. Select seat location and quantity
Wednesday, June 5 – 7 pm – Glebe Library
We will be reviewing and voting for next years budget and new officers for the Executive Board.
The following parents have volunteered as candidates for our 2019-2020 Executive Board:
President: Isabel Simmerman
Treasurer: Jessica Burke
VP activities and programs: Amy LaFalce
VP ways and means: Rashmi Agarwal
VP communications: Chai Puri
VP external affairs: Laura LoGerfo
Recording Secretary: Beth Jackson
Cooresponding Secretary: Melissa Beaty
**it is an election so if you are interested in a position on the board, please let Kristen Johnson know at [email protected] ASAP**
If you have an agenda item you’d like to discuss at an upcoming meeting, please send it to [email protected] ASAP. We will have child care for all potty trained children during the meeting and Spanish translation will be provided.
Glebe Tutors for Glebe kids
Calling All Dorothy Hamm Middle School Rising 6th Graders!
Join us this summer at the Rosslyn Outdoor Movie Festival for a chance to connect with fellow DHMS rising 6th graders! Mark your calendar for the DHMS 6th Grade Summer Movie Nights, hosted by the DHMS PTSA:
- Friday, June 14th 5:00pm* – Paddington
- Friday, July 12th 5:00pm* – Incredibles 2
- Look for the DHMS area & wear RED to find DHMS families
- Bring your blankets, chairs & snacks
- Local food trucks and popcorn available for sale
- Visit rosslynva.org for more event details– DHMS PTSA on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/
groups/252586794927556/)– DHMS PTSA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dhms_ptsa #dhmssummerfun #dhms6thgrade*Movie starts at 5:30pm.
School Kidz Orders
Save time and money by ordering your child’s supply kit today! No running from store to store. Kits are personalized and include exact items required for next school year. Please see below for information on donating kits to students in need, as well!
Order online at:
Use Account #: 30024
Order online by: June 21, 2019
Kit Pick Up: In Classroom on the First Day of School
1st Grade $79.00
2nd Grade $67.00
3rd Grade $65.00
4th Grade $87.00
5th Grade $80.00
**Kit components may be viewed online.**
Important Parent Notes
***Make sure to order for the grade your child will be in NEXT year
*** All sales are final, no returns or exchanges are accepted.
The portal closes at 11:59 EST on June 21, 2019. We have no way to place orders after that time.
Interested in helping a Glebe student in need? Order a kit and please fill in “Donation” in the first and last name fields. We have a huge need at all grade levels.
Thank you! Questions? Contact Ainsley at [email protected]
NOTE: When ordering, please DO NOT change the address or phone number. The kits are shipped directly to Glebe.
- Thank you to Beronica Salas and Tara Blankinship for coordinating all the logistics for another amazing Soccer Fiesta and to our generous teachers and families who volunteered their time. And most importantly, thank you to our incredible Hispanic families who generously shared a bit of their culture with our community through amazing food and fun!
- Did you know you can buy Glebe Spiritwear online? Every sale contributes to Glebe Elementary School PTA projects throughout the year.
- Don’t forget to link your Harris Teeter card and Amazon Smile to Glebe Elementary! A percentage of your purchases goes directly to Glebe and at NO COST to you!
- Have Box Tops? You can turn these in to the collection box in the Front Lobby!
- Please bring in food and toiletries for our Glebe Nourishment Center. Cart in the Front Lobby!
- Have used crayons? our The Crayon Initiative takes your broken, used crayons and re-purposes them. Just drop them off in the main office collection bin or in your child’s classroom!
- Have you checked out our Facebook page? You’ll find lots of posts for upcoming events, photos from school assemblies, and other important information you want as a Glebe parent! Click here and ‘LIKE’ our page!
Need to Reach Us?
For general questions, email [email protected] – Kristen Johnson
For newsletter/school communications, email [email protected] – Chai Puri
For events/activities, email [email protected] – Lauren Barber
For finance questions, email [email protected] –
Other PTA questions? Find out who can help you!